B.Arch JEE Main Paper 2 Syllabus
1. Mathematics: Sets, Relations and Functions ,Complex Numbers, Quadratic Equations, Matrices and Determinants, Mathematical Induction, Sequences and Series , Permutations and Combinations, Limits, Continuity and Differentiability,, Applications of Binomial Theorem, Integral Calculus, Differential Equation, Vector Algebra, Trigonometry, Co-ordinate Geometry, Three Dimensional Geometry, Probability, Statistics, and Mathematical Reasoning.
2. Aptitude test: Awareness of places, persons, buildings and materials, Texture and objects related to Architecture and building environment, Visualising 3D objects from 2D drawings, Visualising different sides of 3D objects, Mental Ability (Visual, Numerical and Verbal), Analytical Reasoning, Three dimensional – perception and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects, colour texture, building forms and elements, contrast and harmony.
3. Drawing test: Drawing and designing of geometrical or abstract shapes and patterns in pencil, Transformation of forms both 2 D and 3 D union, Elevations and 3 D views of objects Rotation, Development of surfaces and volumes, Generation of Plan, Creating 2D and 3D compositions using given shapes and forms, Sketching of activities from memory of urban scenes (public space, festivals, market, street scenes, recreational spaces monuments, etc.), landscape (gardens, trees, river fronts, jungles, plants etc.) and rural life. The candidates who wish to pursue B.Arch in the two IITs, namely, IIT Roorkee or IIT Kharagpur, have to appear for AAT (Aptitude Awareness Test).
Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) JEE MAIN Paper 2 Syllabus
1. Freehand drawing: Simple drawing showing the entire object in its right proportion and form, relative location, surface texture, and details of its components in suitable scale, Ordinary domestic or everyday life utilizable objects like equipment, furniture, etc.
2. Geometrical drawing: Activities in geometrical drawing containing lines, triangles, angles, quadrilaterals, circles , polygons, Study of plan (aerial view), elevation (side or front views) of simple solid objects like cones, prisms, splayed surface holders, cylinders, cubes, etc.
3. Three-dimensional perception: Perception and appreciation of 3D forms with building elements, volume colour, and orientation, Visualization through constituting objects in memory.
4. Imagination and aesthetic sensitivity: Composition activity with given elements, Context mapping, Creativity test through uncommon innovative check with recognizable objects, Logic of colour grouping.
5. Architectural awareness: General awareness and interest of famous architectural creations – within the country and outside, places and celebrities (architects, designers etc.)
6. Imagination and aesthetic sensitivity: Composition activity with given elements, Context mapping, Creativity test through uncommon innovative check with recognizable objects, Logic of colour grouping.
7. Architectural awareness: General awareness and interest of famous architectural creations – within the country and outside, places and celebrities (architects, designers etc.)